In order to participate as an Instructor, you should become familiar with a couple of details. It is advisable to print this notes.
How to become an instructor
To become an instructor you must first register as a User filling the Signup form. Next, you must complete the Instructor form, giving good reasons why you may want to become an instructor. After some time, we will give you an answer, and if positive, you will be granted the Instructor level. The reason for this screening is to enhance the fidelility of the data collected in these experiments.
Creating new instances
Once you become an instuctor, you may go to the Instructors area /instructors, where a list of all the available instructors is shown, together with the Open experiments. Clicking on one of the instructors, you move into the instructors instance.
If you have been accepted as an Instructor, you should see a link to “Create new experiment instance under my supervision”. This is the entry point to setup a new instance. Depending on the experiment you may have define
- choose an experiment
- an Instance Name. Can be a long name, which will be unique. The reason is that you may complete a results page using the same name.
- a short description, in order to recall this experiment in the future.
- give the maximum number of iterations
- fill in the parameters of the experiment. This is very important, because you may end with weir results during the experiment if you do not fill this data correctly.
Don’t worry if you are not sure on some particular value, you may change all the data in the instance later.
Administering an instance
Once the instance is created, you may enter the Administration area of the experiment. In this area you may:
- Open for Registering, opens the experiment for players to register.
- Close for Registering, players will be rejected if they try to register.
- Start Experiment, the experiment starts, and players may play.
- Finish Experiment, the experiment is stopped
- Reset experiment, all the players moves will be deleted, but all players will continue being registered.
- Unregister all players, this specifically removes all players from the experiment and leaves the experiment in Close state.
For more detail instructions on the setup of the experiments, please refer here.